HOW TO COMPLAIN ON PRINT AND ON-LINE MEDIA REPORTING
PUBLIC HAS RIGHT ON ACCURATE AND PROFESSIONALLY PRESENTED INFORMATION
In accordance with principles of self-regulation for print and on-line media, the active role of citizens, press readers and web portals visitors, in raising professional standards of print and on-line media reporting, is essential and most valuable. By making a complaint on unprofessional or incompletely presented information in press and on-line media, discontinuity or disrespect of the BiH Press Code, citizens and journalists fight together for accurate and legitimate information, thus protecting freedom of media and informing, freedom of speech and their right on truth.
The Press Council in Bosnia-Herzegovina is your mediator for print and on-line media in B&H
How to complain?
- Send a letter of complaint about an item in a newspaper or a magazine which you believe breaches an article of the Press Code, asking for publishing of a denial, additional information, correction or apology.
- At the same time, send your reaction to the Press Council's Secretariat, with explanation and precise information where and when the article in question was published. If possible, send us the copy of the article in question.
- We accept only complaints received within one month for dailies and web portals, or two months for weeklies, after publishing of the article in question, or editor's reply to complaint directly sent to journalist or publication in question.
What will happen next?
- The Press Council's Secretariat shall contact the publication in question, and if necessary, send a copy of your letter to Editor in Chief, asking for his/her comment and explanation, trying to successfully resolve your case by mediation and publishing of your reaction.
- If a resolution on publishing your reaction or denial is not possible, the Secretariat shall forward your case to the Complaints Commission, consisted of 9 members, representative of newspaper publishers, journalists and representatives of public, citizens of B&H.
Members of the Complaints Commission shall analyse the article in question, your reaction, Editor's professional explanation and make an adjudication based on generally accepted standards of the B&H Press Code. Adjudication are reached by consensus.
How to send a complaint:
- Via regular post at the address of the Secretariat - Via e-mail address:
- Via fax: 033 272 271
It is very important to send us your address and telephone number due to communication of the Secretariat with you during case resolving. Call us if you have any additional question or visit us:
Address: Sarajevo, Trampina 8
tel: + 387 33 272 270 tel/fax: + 387 33 272 271
We are here for you, welcome!
How to Complain
Website Developed Thanks To Donation By Civil Right Defenders